By: Abiona Elizabeth
Child Development Milestone: Guide to know your newborn to two(2) weeks old baby development
Important information you need to know about child development during the period of newborn to 2 weeks old baby cares and development.
General Baby Milestones
Observe Your Baby :
- Your baby shows reflex like sucking and rooting.
- Your baby controls the body arms and legs from both left and right side while awake.
- Your baby is sensitive to sounds
- Your little one can focus on object near his/her face and up to 15 inches away briefly
- Your child sucks and sleeps well
- Your baby may have reflexive smiles and chuckles.
- Interacting with child is essential, keep talking and loving your offspring’s’ it is active way of emotional and cognitive development.
- Pick toys that are of high contrast color, this gear your baby to see and start moving his/her eyes; white, black and red are good take to start.
- Help your child eyes reflexes to be active; put your face close to your child face and move your head slowly from center to right or left side observing that your baby eyes follows the movement.
- Play cool music or pick a choice toys that have cool rhymes; make the volume low or mild to hear and let your baby listen to it enabling his/her audience.
Home care for little kids
- Your little one is very fragile and should be handle with care. Hold firmly his/her neck when carrying or bathing.
- Protect your baby head/skull with oil and wear him/her a wool. Be very careful of your baby fontanelle i.e. the soft spot on baby head.
- Check your child diapers often to ensure he is cleaned and also well feed, don’t wait until cries before you feed.
Protection against implications:
- No vaccination required.
Child’s nutrition’s at this age
- Breast feeding is highly recommended.
- Be very attentive to your little one, good to feed on demand but don’t wait till crying.
- Better watch or be attentive to sign like rooting, mouth fluttering, head bobbing, fist sucking it depict your baby need suck breast.
Connect with doctor’ if?
Medical check up:
- If you notice any kind of fall in your baby.
- If Baby has a shrinking fontanelle it could be a sign of dehydration.
- If baby has any form of slight feverish condition that makes temp rise to 37 degree Celsius.
- If you notice an oozy umbilical stump that is smelly.
Mothers health & wellbeing
- Make yourself happy, eat good food on time, more of vegetables, fruits, enough water and sleep well.
- Embrace plenty support during this early days of motherhood, cheer your husband up with simple thank you and prayers.
- Embrace a postnatal massage and cares.
- Provide good food for the mother.
- Make available your baby accessories,
- Give necessary support in house chore.
- Enhance an enabling and conducive environment for your newborn.
- Eat good food, drink enough water and sleep well.
Take home note
Swaddling helps keep your baby calm and sleep especially when is frightened or startled.
Parent also read: Child Development Milestone Two (2) weeks to One (1) month old Baby